Hello. We’re Ad Hoc Labs, the makers of Burner. We're a mobile software company focused on creating tools to empower consumers by giving them better control of their privacy, communications, and identity. We're passionate about this mission.
We’re an early startup based in Silverlake, Los Angeles, California. We’re proud to be located away from the coast, in the heart of Los Angeles. We value competence, ownership, and trust in each other. As a startup it’s important to evolve as a company. We strive to keep a culture of collaboration and grow both our business and technical skills.
We are looking for exceptional individuals who can bring complementary skills to the team. We strive to create excellence in our product and also want it to reflect the personality of our team. Hence, we want people who are both technically competent but also authentic, unique individuals.
In all technical positions, we are looking for people with software development experience and strong Computer Science fundamentals. As part of a small collaborative team, effective communication skills are important, and we will both encourage and expect you to exhibit ownership in our application stack.
You enjoy making things used by real people. You are excited about iOS7, and keep a watchful eye on SDK changelogs. You care about performance, quality, and value good design.
- Experience with restful APIs through AFNetworking
- Have shipped one or more production-grade iOS applications
- Detailed knowledge of Core Graphics and/or Core Data
- Experience with Multithreaded, high performance applications
You are comfortable owning a production Android application. This includes having a strong visual design sense and the ability to take advantage of features unique to the Android platform such as Intents and built-in SIP functionality.
- Have shipped one or more production-grade Android applications
- Strong experience in Android/Java including testing and debugging
- Competence in visual design with the Android user interface in mind
- Experience with restful API design in Python/Django
- Telephony experience on Android or on servers
You know that an entry-level position at a small but fast-growing startup is an open-ended opportunity and are probably already trying to nose your way into opportunities like this. You are willing to own all of our office management and administrative tasks, in order to get your hands dirty on other interesting stuff, like SEM, content creation, recruiting... or whatever else we come up with together. You're smart, ask the right questions, have good instincts, and know that you'll level up as you demonstrate readiness to.
- Desire to gain startup experience because you're looking to make startup entrepreneurship a career
- Proof that you're a clever and efficient problem-solver
- Excellent writing, communication, and organization skills
- Previous startup or personal entrepreneurship experience -- no matter how small or unsuccessful
- Experience with SEM, social media, or marketing
If you are interested in one or more of these positions, please drop us a line at email@example.com. Include your resume and note specific experience. Also send any links or information that represents you technically and as a person: Github, Linkedin, photos, favorite hobbies or reading topics.