Hello. We’re Ad Hoc Labs, the makers of Burner. We're a mobile software company focused on creating tools to empower consumers by giving them better control of their privacy, communications, and identity. We're passionate about this mission.
We’re an early startup based in Silverlake, Los Angeles. We’re proud to be located away from the coast, in the heart of Los Angeles. We value competence, ownership, and trust in each other. As a startup it’s important to evolve as a company. We strive to keep a culture of collaboration and grow both our business and technical skills.
We are looking for exceptional individuals who can bring complementary skills to the team. We strive to create excellence in our product and also want it to reflect the personality of our team. Hence, we want people who are both technically competent but also authentic, unique individuals.
In all technical positions, we are looking for people with software development experience and strong Computer Science fundamentals. As part of a small collaborative team, effective communication skills are important, and we will both encourage and expect you to exhibit ownership in our application stack.
We have excellent perks and benefits, including:
- 100% health insurance coverage and near-100% coverage for dependents & domestic partners
- creative, dog-friendly work space in a converted industrial building in a walk- and bike-friendly neighborhood
- collaborative but autonomous work environment (and we use slack, trello, and other low-friction collaboration tools), with an emphasis on good communication
- kitchen stocked with craft coffee and beer from eastside and other local purveyors
Senior Platform Engineer
You have real industry experience building fast, reliable, fault-tolerant distributed systems and are obsessed with performance and quality of service. You write clean, efficient code and lots of tests, and would be excited to help develop our platform -- and take part in our mission -- by taking ownership of back-end features from inception to production.
- Computer science fundamentals
- Fluent in Scala, Ruby, Python, NodeJS, or Java
- Experience designing, implementing, and deploying to back-end services to production
- Experience with VOIP, SIP and/or other telephony technologies
If you are interested in one or more of these positions, please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your resume and note specific experience. Also send any links or information that represents you technically and as a person: Github, Linkedin, photos, favorite hobbies or reading topics.