Hello. We’re Ad Hoc Labs, the makers of Burner. We're a mobile software company focused on creating tools to empower consumers by giving them better control of their privacy, communications, and identity. We're passionate about this mission.
We’re an early startup based in Silverlake, Los Angeles, California. We’re proud to be located away from the coast, in the heart of Los Angeles. We value competence, ownership, and trust in each other. As a startup it’s important to evolve as a company. We strive to keep a culture of collaboration and grow both our business and technical skills.
We are looking for exceptional individuals who can bring complementary skills to the team. We strive to create excellence in our product and also want it to reflect the personality of our team. Hence, we want people who are both technically competent but also authentic, unique individuals.
In all technical positions, we are looking for people with software development experience and strong Computer Science fundamentals. As part of a small collaborative team, effective communication skills are important, and we will both encourage and expect you to exhibit ownership in our application stack.
Senior Platform Engineer
You have real industry experience building fast, reliable, fault-tolerant distributed systems and are obsessed with performance and quality of service. You write clean, efficient code and lots of tests, and would be excited to help develop our platform -- and take part in our mission -- by taking ownership of back-end features from inception to production.
- Computer science fundamentals
- Fluent in Scala, Ruby, Python, NodeJS, or Java
- Experience designing, implementing, and deploying to back-end services to production
- Experience with VOIP, SIP and/or other telephony technologies
You are a design professional who wants to be part of a design- and product-led team that is trying to change the world for tens of millions of mobile consumers. You are passionate about usability. You care about elegant design and the latest trends, and you have bold ideas and are willing to take chances -- but you are efficient in developing and editing your work via usability testing, and your bottom line is the cleanest path to a solution that delights users.
- 2+ years of UI/UX design
- Experience crafting user experience flows, wireframes, and interactions for mobile
- Ability to develop ideas quickly, iterate them efficiently, and communicate them effectively
- Thorough working knowledge of capabilities and design vernacular of iOS 7 and Android KitKat
- Fluency (or at least comfort) with lightweight mockup and prototyping tools such as proto.io, fluidUI, POP, etc.
- Experience with paper prototyping
- Ability to work in a startup environment, setting priorities self-sufficiently and using imperfect data to arrive at best-guess solutions, and adapting to change
- Passion for end-to-end user experience (though this is not a visual design role)
- Desire to play a leadership role in our user-experience design and usability practice
- Visual design
- Light programming capabilities
- Interest or understanding of animation toolkits like Origami / Quartz Composer
If you are interested in one or more of these positions, please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your resume and note specific experience. Also send any links or information that represents you technically and as a person: Github, Linkedin, photos, favorite hobbies or reading topics.